The name you choose for your French bulldog puppy certainly tells a lot about of your taste and personality, and of course his personality as well. Hence it can easily cause a bit of a dilemma whether you will pick the most suitable name for your puppy. If he has already become a resident of your home, now is the time to make the decision. Name selection in particular is one of the most frequently asked questions on the subject of French bulldogs, so we will try to give you some useful tips and tricks and at the end of the article you will also find a list of specific names as ideas.
Here are some tips that can help you find the perfect name for your pet:
- The first rule to keep in mind is not to choose a name that sounds like a “human language” command or similar. This is also important because your pet can be easily confused if it may not hear the word well. So why make the process of raising a French bulldog difficult when it can be both smooth and carefree?
- Another aspect to consider is that life together will be easier for both you and him with a striking, short name. Long names can make a puppy’s life difficult and can cause additional headache for the owner too later on.
- It is also advisable to choose a name that ends with a vowel, as this will make it easier for you to change your tone when you call your dog. For example, if you name your favorite Taco, you can easily change the tone during a call when the little Frenchie is doing something that is not allowed. It’s much easier to get his attention by choosing a short name, especially if it ends in a vowel.
- If you have more than one pet, never give them similar names. The reason is quite simple: you can confuse them and they won’t know exactly which one you’re calling. (e.g. Odry and Adry or Daisy and Lazy)
- Take a nickname test, that is, test how the French bulldog responds to the name you choose.
- Do not try to change the dog’s name once he has learnt to listen to it. If you still have to for some reason, choose a name that sounds similar to the previous one.
- Lastly, be sure to consider your dog’s behavior and temperament when choosing his name. Try to express his individuality in words: for example, don’t choose a traditional and strict-sounding name if your dog has a playful and vibrant temperament. In this case, choose a modern and short name that matches his appearance as well!
Finally, we show you some well-functioning, cute, fashionable name ideas for boy and girl dogs separately. This way you can pick and try some of them and we hope you find something you like or at least some inspiration for a similar name.
Male French bulldog names:
Female French bulldog names:
Some extra tips and tricks
Whatever you should name of the little puffy, I advise you to compare it with some common words as well. For example, French bulldog nicknames like Kit and Ray can be easily confused with the English commands “Sit” and “Stay”, which could be puzzling for your doggie. So far, names like Bella and Max have long been first favorites on the list. In America, it is also common for many dog owners to name their pet after their grandparents. Since we usually consider our dogs as family members, this fact is not at all surprising. However, when choosing a French bulldog name, the most crucial thing to keep in mind is to find one that us and he will equally like. If you can achieve this, you will see that it makes everyday life much easier and more enjoyable for both the dog owner and the puppy.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO HAVE A PUPPY? DO YOU STILL HAVE SOME QUESTIONS?
Then feel free to contact us!
06 (70) 624 9897
And if you’re interested in what it’s like to keep a French bulldog, download our free, bonus material available. Take the first step today in becoming a host by one single click!